How To Root Mi A1 Guide for bootloader unlocking & Install TWRP
Xiaomi has launched Android one(A1) phone which runs on Stock Android Nougat. And you might be excited to know How To Root Mi A1. It’s Xiaomi first-ever stock android smartphone without MiUi. The smartphone comes with flagship dual camera(12Mp+12Mp) with 2x optical zoom. Also, comes with 5.5 full HD screen and a full metal body. It runs on Octa-core Snapdragon 625 processor with 64GB ROM and 4GB RAM also has 3080mAh battery. Further, Black, Gold, and Rose Gold color are the colors available for this smartphone.
Furthermore, there are many useless applications that come with stock Android. We generally root our mobile phone to improve battery and increase performance. So, there are so many benefites of rooting mi a1. It also helps remove bloatware application from Android System. With Root access, you can perform unusually things. As a result, you can minimize CPU frequency, custom file system, also increase/decrease vibration level.
Now, let us continue with the guide of how to root mi a1 android phone. You can easily follow these below listed steps in order to root your mi a1 device.
In order to know how to root mi a1, You have to gain access permission from Xiaomi for unlocking the bootloader.
- Go to the link and click Unlock now.
- Also, Enter your Xiaomi account username and password.
- Request an application to Xiaomi.
- Download Mi Unlock Tool to PC
- Boot your Device into fastboot mode(Volume down Key+ Power Button)
- Connect your device to Pc and open Mi unlock tool.
- Click Unlock.
- Hence, Bootloader is unlocked now.
- Reboot your phone into Fastboot mode.
- Open fastboot command prompt.
- Use “fastboot oem unlock” in cmd.
- Make sure you have ADB driver and fastboot bat file.
Methods for root Mi A1 all working method
Method 1 – (Using CF-Auto-Root)
- Unlocked Bootloader.
- Must have this zip.
- Enabled ADB Debugging.
- Supersu zip & Flashfire app.
- Extract and navigate to image folder and copy the boot.img to ADB folder.
- Now turn your device in fastboot mode.
- Connect Device to PC and flash by using this code.
fastboot flash boot_b boot.img
Or if above code doesn’t work try this code
fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
- Install SuperSu app from Play store.
- Now, Reboot your device twice to check if the root is still present.
Alternate Method – (If above fails)
- Put your phone in fastboot mode(volume down + power key).
- Connect to PC with ADB debugging is enabled)
- Extract and run root.bat file.
- Press any key and wait then press again any key and last press any key will close the window
- Den wait for few second until and unless your device reboot
- Download Flashfire app from Playstore
- Download latest Supersu Zip.
- Open flashfire app and navigate to (+) sign
- And select ‘Flash Zip or OTA.’
- Navigate and select downloaded Supersu zip and don’t select any options just click on tick button in the right-hand top corner.
- Then scroll down and click on the EverRoot option and Select Inject supersu and click on tick option in the right-hand top corner.
- Lastly, click on FLASH Button
- And wait for the process to complete and your device may reboot twice.
- Test by root checker app and enjoy.
How To Root mi a1 (Alternate Method)
Method 2 – (Magisk Manager)
- Switch on the Phone.
- Install latest Magisk Manager.
- Install latest Magisk.
- Enjoy! Your Phone is rooted now.
Note – You will get OTA System Updates even after Unlocked Bootloader and Root until you have stock recovery.
Method 3 – (AIO Tool)
AIO Tool is one stop solution for everything. This tool automates all the processes available for the devices ranging from bootloader unlocking to rooting
- Must have Xiaomi A1 Device.
- Phone and ADB drivers should be installed properly.
- AIO Tool
- Enable USB Debugging and Connect to PC.
- Download and Extract.
- Run AIO Tool.
- Navigate the Menu.
- Choose which process to execute.
- Have some Patience and it will work fine.
NOTE – Don’t use this tool for September Build. Use it only for August Build ROM. If you have September Build, tell me in comments.
So, this is all about mi a1 root. Hope you have successfully learnt how to roo mi a1. If you are facing any problems rooting mi a1, comments section is all yours.
What methods you followed to root your mi a1 phone? We will be glad to know if you use any other method to root your device, tell us using comments fields.